Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/lybs0cinwsl2/public_html/att/templates/att2017a/functions.php on line 199
Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said, there is no doubt that, there will be Hadiths coming after me, claiming that I have said things. So you MUST test those Hadiths from the Qur'an. If it is really according to the Qur'an only then accept it, otherwise reject it.[ (Sanan Dar Qatni, Vol-2, Book – Imrani Abee Musa, Matba Farooqi – 513)
The Qur'an is number one. All else is of secondary status and if anything disagrees with the Qur'an it is to be rejected. Let’s look at a brief history of Hadiths. In order to analyze the Hadiths we also need to see Islamic History with open eyes. I hope the following will help those who may not be familiar with that history.
• Prophet Muhammad (saaw) was born in the year 570 AD.
• Prophet Muhammad (saaw) received the first revelation from ALLAH and entered prophet-hood in the year 610 AD.
• The Prophet (saaw) passed away in in the year 632 AD.
• The Hadiths were first compiled around 250 years after the death of the Prophet (saaw), which is around the year 900 AD. Compare this to the Qur'an which was partly compiled during the Prophet’s life and immediately after. The Prophet (saaw) himself dictated the sequence of the chapters in the Qur'an.
• Was it possible that Jews, hypocrites and other enemies of Al-Islam united together and tried to include fabricated Hadiths, to mislead the Muslim community? Yes of course. Even during the life of the Prophet (saaw) the enemies of Al-Islam demanded to change verses of Qur'an, which the Prophet (saaw) answered that he didn’t have any authority to do. The proof that an attempt had been made by the enemies of Al-Islam with introduction of false Hadiths is the fact that out of seventeen books of Hadiths only six were accepted by our religious scholars. More than 65% were rejected as being fabricated and misleading.
• Is it possible that still in the six accepted books of Hadiths there might have been fabricated Hadiths? Yes, and many have been. In fact many Hadiths were rejected for contradicting the Qur'an.
• Did all Muslims know the difference between authentic Hadiths and fabricated ones? NO! Because of poor communication, knowledge was not getting transferred as quickly as now. Many of these fabricated Hadiths still exist and they are a haven for Jews and other enemies of Al-Islam for demonization. This is where the demonizers of Al-Islam get their weak and fabricated Hadiths from. Also many Muslims still follow these Hadiths out of ignorance.
• Muslims were getting successes before the year 900 AD.
• After the year 900 AD, Muslims started a down fall BUT it took several hundred years just to feel the downfall, since the Muslim community were still succeeding. Many serious students of Al-Islam believe that leaving the Qur'an behind and taking the Hadiths as number one, caused the Muslim community to fall more. This was also predicted by the Prophet (saaw) about his community.
• After the year 1500 AD, it seems that Muslims went beyond the limit and started taking the Scholars as number one, the Hadiths as number two and the Qur'an they left behind. As history revealed, after that Muslims started losing all over the world.
The Prophet Muhammad (saaw) already warned his people that there will be Hadiths coming after him and for us to accept them if they agree with the Qur'an, other wise reject them. So we need to test every Hadith, don’t reject all blindly and don’t accept all Blindly as well, BUT do research and if it is according to the Qur'an, only then accept it. The Qur'an is the main source and guidance to all human beings.
Allah promised that he will protect the Qur'an but he did not promise that he will protect Hadiths. Still there are numerous authentic Hadiths that are clearly in line with the Qur'an. The Prophet (saaw) said that he leaves behind two things for Muslims to follow. The Qur'an and his Sunnah. By his Sunnah the Prophet (saaw) was referring to the authentic reports of what he did and say. He never left behind fabricated Hadiths. That was introduced later. The enemies of Al-Islam know that they cannot misguide Muslims using the Qur'an but they can do so through the Hadiths. That is why there is such a mess amongst unenlightened Muslims in the world and fantastic encouragement by Jews, colonialists and enemies of Al-Islam to perpetuate false Hadiths. Weak Hadiths agreeing with Female Genital Mutilation (FGM), unreliable and misunderstood Hadiths dealing with apostasy and other corruptions crept into the religion. None of which has any justification in the Qur'an.
Any sincere Muslim will offer the Qur'an as the main source of study for anyone wanting to learn Al-Islam. It is uncorrupted and supersedes all other authorities in Al-Islam. As a result of sincere intense study of Qur'an many Hadiths, practices and customs that are un-Islamic are being discovered and rooted out. Muslims are reclaiming their religion from those who hijacked it with faulty understandings and fabricated Hadiths. The guide that is bringing this enlightenment about is the light of the pure Qur'an.