December 29, 2011
On Saturday, December 31, 2011, at 11 AM, concerned citizens and supporters of Dr. Aafia Siddiqui will assemble for a protest rally and march outside the Carswell Airbase located in Ft. Worth, Texas. The exact location for this emergency mobilization will be the Westworth Village entry point of the base, located off Westworth Blvd, Westworth, Texas 76114.
The march and rally is intended to protest the human rights violations being committed by officials and employees of FMC Carswell against a Pakistani national by the name of Dr. Aafia Siddiqui. Dr. Siddiqui and her three young children (ages 6, 4, and six months) were the targets of a rendition operation in March 2003, and then made to disappear for several years. In July 2008, Dr. Siddiqui mysteriously reappeared (in a weakened and disheveled state) in Afghanistan; she was shot, brought near death to the United States, and charged with the attempted murder of U.S. personnel (soldiers and FBI) in Afghanistan.
“The oppressive pre-trial confinement of Dr. Aafia Siddiqui, followed by a grossly unfair judicial process that masqueraded as a trial, followed by an even more oppressive regime of post- conviction imprisonment, constitutes a mockery of justice. We demand that Aafia Siddiqui's human and prisoner rights be respected by her jailors," demands Mauri’ Saalakhan of The Peace Thru Justice Foundation.
Dr. Aafia Siddiqui is presently being held under an 86 year sentence at FMC Carswell, under conditions that violate the U.S. Constitution’s guarantee against “cruel and unusual punishment!”
11006 Veirs Mill Rd, STE L-15, PMB 298
Silver Spring, MD. 20902
SAFAR 1433 A.H.
(December 29, 2011)
Muslim Men March on FMC Carswell
Assalaamu Alaikum (Greetings of Peace):
Once again, as we've already noted, all are welcome and valued for this important mobilization; the emphasis is on "Muslim Men" because they have the major God-given responsibility to be the "protectors and maintainers" of their families and communities. Dr. Aafia Siddiqui is family!
This evening, following salatul isha (which I believe is 7:30), I will deliver a short address at the Islamic Center of Irving. I will also be around for a couple of hours to answer questions that anyone may have about Saturday's mobilization. The most important info to have is as follows:
1. The demonstration will begin promptly at 11 AM.
2. The starting point for the mobilization will be the parking lot of a shopping center located on Westworth Blvd, in the Village of Westworth. The exact address (for GPS coordinates) is 6500 Westworth Blvd, Westworth, Texas 76114. (This is the address for the "LA Fitness" center - most appropriate, as we will be giving our souls a workout on this day!)
3. This Blvd is a very busy thoroughfare, and thus, we would like a good number of people to carry signs bearing very specific messages (see below). We've already purchased about 20 pieces of 20 X 30 inch poster board for the demo. For those who can make their own sign, we ask that you try to stick with WHITE POSTER BOARD of these dimensions, using a BLACK MARKER to carve out your message - so that your message can be easily read (loud and clear) by motorists passing by. We also ask that you choose from one or more of the messages below.
4. Insha'Allah, we intend to march from the parking lot to the exit off of Westworth Blvd onto the narrow street leading up to the entrance of the base closest to FMC Carswell (about a 15 minute walk). Once we arrive, we will line up along the street and stand for about 30 minutes holding our signs for the motorists entering and exiting the base to see.
(The exit leading onto the street for the base is directly across from a Quik Trip service station.)
5. If we have significantly more demonstrators than we had in April (which is very likely), some will march (preferably a representative contingent of men), while others will remain behind, lining Westworth Blvd. with their signs. We will do this for safety reasons, and to minimize disruption while maximizing visibility - which is one of the core objectives of this mobilization.
The most important thing that any of you receiving this can do between now and then, is SPREAD THE WORD! Encourage family and friends to do something noble for a deserving Muslim Woman (and political prisoner) in need!
In the struggle for peace thru justice,
El-Hajj Mauri' Saalakhan
mobile: (202) 246-9608
Suggested Slogans for Protest Signs (on 16 X 30 or 16 X 20 White Posterboard)
END THE PERSECUTION
DR. AAFIA SIDDIQUI
ALL PRISONERS HAVE
STOP THE PUNITIVE
DR. AAFIA SIDDIQUI
GIVE DR. AAFIA SIDDIQUI