Search & Find
- Who Did 9/11 - OBL, Bush Or Mossad? The Evidence
- NEWS DIGEST: What is Hamas? Do they threaten Israel?
- The Salala Massacre: NATO’s Naked Aggression Against Pakistan And The Hegemonic Israeli-Indo-American Strategy Behind It
- Suicide and Islam - A Deeper Perspective
- Israel, Gulf states said discussing new alliance to stop Iran
- Saudi Arabia Gives Israel 16bn Dollars!
- Dispelling Myths About Sharia Law In Al-Islam Part 1
- OSAMA BIN LADEN DIED IN 2001!!!
- Syria Under Fire: Zionist Destabilization Hits Critical Mass
- Women in Islam - Pointers for the Western mind
- Is It A Jewish /Religious Question Or Is It Really All About Politics???
- A Historical Look At Israeli False Flag Operations
- 9/11 Cui Bono: Who Benefits?
- Zionist Control of WikiPedia
- How Did Prophet Muhammad Treat Christians?
- CIA Admits Bin Laden Videos are Fake!
- Death For Apostasy Is Un-Islamic and NOT in the Qur'an!
- 9/11: Israel’s Masterpiece
- Tooth Fairies and Suicide Bombers
- The Truth Behind The “Celebrating Palestinians”
- Israeli Investors Made Huge Profits From 9/11 Event
- NEWS DIGEST: Malaysia Accuses US and Ukraine for MH17 Shoot-down!
- The True Face Of The Dalai Lama
- Top US Government Insider: Bin Laden Died In 2001, 9/11 A False Flag
- BREAKING NEWS: 12 Syrian Rebels Found With 2kg of Sarin Gas!
The explosions took place in the southern part of the city near a busy open-air market in the Bourj al-Barajneh district. A number of ISIS-linked Twitter accounts have claimed responsibility for the attack, though nothing could be independently confirmed, according to CNN.
The events went largely unnoticed in the American news cycle. Interest in the Paris attacks trounced the media attention to Beirut. Google Trends searches highlight the massive disparity in news headlines and search interest. But on Twitter, the demand was loud and clear.
Indian blogger Karuna Ezara Parikh wrote a poem that's gone viral since the Paris attacks. "It's not Paris we should pray for," she wrote. "It is the world. It is a world in which Beirut, reeling from bombings ... is not covered in the press."
Inside the attacks: Graphic video posted to the Arabic-language website Al Arabiya reportedly reveals the mayhem, including gunfire.
The city is still reeling. "There's a lot of shattered glass on the street, a lot of blood, and it's really just a scene of chaos and carnage." Tamara Qiblawi, a journalist, told CNN.
The carnage in Beirut was likely mitigated, however, by the heroic behavior of one man, Adel Termos. Termos
was in the market with his young daughter and witnessed the first explosion. Reportedly, he saw another bomber preparing to detonate, and jumped into action.
"He tackled him to the ground, causing the second suicide bomber to detonate," Elie Fares, a Beirut-based physician, told PRI. "There are many, many families, hundreds of families probably, who owe their completeness to his sacrifice."
Termos and his daughter were both killed in the explosion.
Online, Twitter users around the world memorialized his sacrifice.
If ISIS is confirmed as the responsible party, the event would appear to be part of a global wave of terrorism the organization has unleashed in recent months. Last month, another bombing in Ankara, Turkey, left nearly 100 dead. In August, a large car bomb exploded in the Egyptian capital of Cairo, injuring six. In July, clashes between the Islamic State and Egypt left over 100 militants and 17 Egyptian soldiers dead in the Sinai.
The attacks potentially represent a new and more dangerous stage in the world's war against ISIS as the terrorist group continues to mount increasingly sophisticated and deadly strikes around the globe.
- Isra and Miraj 2017 - Sheikh Imran Hosein
- Signs Of The Times  - Sheikh Imran Hosein
- Sheikh Imran Hosein interviews The Saker
- Wahabists, Salafists and ISIS Interview Sheikh - Imran Hosein
- An Islamic Response To The French Presidential Elections - Sheikh Imran Hosein
- SIGNS OF THE TIMES  - Sheikh Imran Hosein
- NEWS DIGEST: The White Helmets
- The Oded Yinon Plan!
- The US, UK and France Refuse Independent Investigation of Claimed Chemical Attack by Assad in Syria!
- Where Is The Outrage? Trump-Tillerson Covert War On Chavismo Brings Venezuela To The Brink
- Wikileaks: Clinton email admits Syrian war all for Israel's benefit!
- Trump Now a Captive of the Deep State
- NEWS DIGEST: Palestinian hunger striker deaths may spark Intifada!
- NEWS DIGEST: 9/11 Destroyed America
- New ‘Israeli’ Raids On Syria Were Facilitated By Trump’s Destruction Of Syrian Air Defenses At Al-Shayrat Airbase